Long term renting help

Could do with some advice please to see if this is a scam, I have been emailing someone stating they live in Dundee and have a house for rent and they deal with it all through open rent i have added the screenshots of the emails, does it seem right to ask for proof of ID and all my details including a photo of myself? Or is this a scam?

Never hand over any money or ID before viewing the property.

Anyone who throws the property at you like this is probably a scammer. Landlords have the pick of tenant now.

2 Likes

exactly as Mark10 says. Done thru Openrent should be safe , but you never can tell . you can find out who owns the property thru land Registry for £3 or so

1 Like

I can’t even find the property on openrent she said she would send the link after I sent all my details?

How did you contact the landlord to begin with?

No landlord would offer a property to anyone without doing credit checks and referencing of tenant first. They may ask for a holding deposit before but that’s all, which cannot be more than one weeks rent. (Once tenant has viewed)

2 Likes

Steer clear, no decent landlord operates like that !!!

3 Likes

She advertised on Facebook market place and told me to email her instead, so I did but I did think it was a little dodgy, I’m just so desperate to move and I just keep getting knocked back so was hoping it was something positive

Steer clear of facebook for Rentals Too many scammers as its easy to post a picture of someone elses property

Oh it’s definitely a scam, I’ve had the same email word for word but from a bloke !!

1 Like

Gender fluid maybe? :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.