Looking for an agent

Need someone to be my advocate or agent in the UK so I can apply for rental properties while I am resident in Canada. It’s impossible to negotiate when I am not in the UK.emphasized text

You could get a virtual landline then people can phone you as if you were in the UK, if the non-uk phone no is a problem? Eg https://www.virtuallandline.co.uk/
(I’m presuming they will let you sign up from out of the UK - have to say, I’ve never tried it)

Thank you. My problem is that I cannot join the process in motion: view the property, negotiate with the landlord, paperwork and credit history (if from Canada I have no credit rating in UK). I wish to declare honestly who I am and my goal in obtaining permanent residency in the UK. But how do I do that?

Do you have a Right to Rent in the UK?

I hold both British and Canadian citizenship and have a current British passport. I was born in Paisly Scotland and at 73 I am returning to my roots to retire. I have lived a good life in Canada and with the recent passing of my wife, I no longer wish to be in Canada.

Dual citizenship (also known as dual nationality) is allowed in the UK . This means you can be a British citizen and also a citizen of other countries. You do not need to apply for dual citizenship.

Try contacting some letting agents in your chosen area and see what they say.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.