Neighbours issues

Hi everyone,

I am new to renting. Due to change in the personal circumstances I have moved out of my residence where I lived over 15 years and decided to rent via Openrent.

Property is well maintained and looked after for years. I had previous tenant (via Openrent) lived for a year and they kept it well too.

My new tenant (via Openrent) who moved in month ago is constantly complaining about bad smell coming from neighbours garden. I have checked and cleaned my garden couple of times. Neighbour has 3 dogs and they saying it’s not dog fouling. Neighbour claims that they are using some sort of disinfectant to keep their garden clean and the smell is because of disinfectant. We never experienced any smell neither previous tenant complained about such incidents. I have personally discussed this with neighbours on multiple occasions and they have cleaned up few times but day or two later I receive message again from my tenant about smell and its going on and on for 4 - 5 weeks. Now tenant is saying they are seeing flies in the house and garden too. Tenant doesn’t want to speak with neighbours directly and expect me to resolve the issues. I am not sure what else I can do to resolve the issue as its outside of my control. Can council do anything to help? Is there any other way to resolve this issue?

Any advice welcome.

Keep well - Keep Safe

Hetal

Call the council. Environmental health deal with these issues.

This is down to the tenant to resolve with the neighbour. You should make clear that this is what they should do and that you can have no further involvement. You could tell them of the option for them to contact the Council Environment Health team.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have now reported issue to Council Environmental Health Department. Awaiting their response.

Regards
Hetal