New Tenancy Agreements for Welsh Landlords

Tenancy changes in Wales are taking place in July.
I used a Tenant Contract from Open Rent. Is there any guidance on amending or creating a new tenant agreement. i.e. A template, or what we should change?
Thanks

I don’t think you need to do anything.

The contract used to set up your current tenancy should automatically convert to a standard occupation contract when the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 kicks in.

Contact OpenRent to double-check!

Thanks. I did wonder. I thought OR people were on these forums to help answer questions like that. I appreciated your input though, so maybe I will send them a support request just to check.

Existing tenancy will require the new contract (over 50 pages at present !)issued within 6 months from legislation date in July.
I’ve copied below from gov website.

You will be required to issue a ‘written statement’ of the occupation contract to all contract-holders (this will replace your current tenancy or licence agreement). The written statement must contain all the terms of the contract.

Hope this helps

Hi Robert,

We are aware of the changes due to come into place in Wales this year and we will continue to ensure that all of our services are fully compliant with the updated legislation.

The legislation introduces major changes which our legal team are working through carefully. Our understanding is that a new written statement will be required but there is a grace period for landlords to provide this.

Our aim is to help landlords as far as possible with complying with the changes, and we will announce full details nearer the time

If you haven’t already done so, we recommend that you subscribe to our monthly newsletter so that you never miss an update

That’s helpful thanks. Can’t see where to get the bulletin though?
Perhaps leave a link here.
Thanks

Hi,

You can subscribe to our newsletter via the link below: