New to all this

im new to all this…and think i will struggle so advice would be amazing…im 55 and going thro divorce…i have savings, which am happy to use…only work P/T, horrendous credit rating cause of ex…what are my chances of finding a property.

when you go for a place be upfront every time with a landlord. . We do not like liars. You will probably have to go for a cheaper place than you are used to. You will probably need local authority help

thank you for the reply…
of course i totally understand about being honest, just cant see how i can get a place…
i have the help of a sanctuary/council housing case worker but i assume i will be on a waiting list with quite a few others…
i know what i need, don’t mean to sound picky (for mental well being) …if i go down the private landlord route, will i struggle as only work P/T (classed as self employed) so wont show well with wages and having a terrible credit rating…
i’m more than happy to use savings, but all this is so stressful, just need a starting point i think… :thinking:

Hi Alison, if you have savings, then you may be able to offer several months’ rent in advance. This often reassures landlords over tenants with lower incomes, as it lessens the risks of rent arrears.

Best of luck with your search for a new home,
Sam