Not renting to ppl with pets

Just to let all those know that have pets there are some landlords out there that don’t judge you for having a fully house trained dog and will give you a chance and believe in you like my new landlord is good luck to those who are still looking stay optimistic because not every landlord is narrow minded

3 Likes

:rofl: what you mean is you have found a landlord who will accept your dog - which by the way is great news. However unfortunately for you, you couldn’t have your full choice because a landlord well within their right said NO to you, a word you clearly don’t like or respect.

3 Likes

Sharon, should all landlords accept people on benefits?
What about benefits and a dog?
Employed with a dog?
What if they had 3 dogs?

No actually he gave me the house because he trusts me and had taken my word that my dog is fully house trained and well behaved because I have no reason to lie and the reason I didn’t have choice is because I didn’t find out about these site until a few wks ago so having tens days left and been sick as put a lot of strain on me he’s a lovely landlord and like he trusts me I trust him and as for the I don’t respect the word no you don’t know me so again don’t judge me I respect the word no when the respect is earned or given I’m praying and hoping that they make it that landlords can’t turn away pets or benefits goodbye

2 Likes

You want my honest answer because as above I don’t lie yes they should have to rent to ppl with pets and on benefits bye

2 Likes

Unfortunately, when a landlord gets a mortgage for the property he rents to a tenant, the bank doesn’t just take the landlords word that he will be a good little landlord and always pay the money back. The bank will do vigorous checks on the landlord to ensure he has been responsible in his past and that he has always paid his debts, and isn’t a criminal, and isn’t on benefits and can afford to pay his mortgage. They CHOOSE ones that look like they will pay pack the loan, and CHOOSE not to lend to people that look risky.

What if someone on benefits can’t afford the rent?
How many dogs should the landlord be forced to allow in their property that they are responsible for?

The facts are if you had to fund things yourself you would not think the way you do. Have you ever actually considered how it is for a landlord? Did you know that many lenders do not allow landlords to let to tenants on benefits?

Did you know that on leasehold properties some freeholders forbid the landlords from letting to tenants with dogs?

Should a landlord be forced to give a person who has a history of not paying back a loan or missing rent payments, his/her property?

3 Likes

#mahhhhooosivechiponshoulder

1 Like

im having a senior moment here!

This is pathetic. I have 3 properties of which I do not accept pets because I put my heart & some into renovating and was my home. The first flat was tiny one bed & the tenabt asked to have a cat. I said no. Thank god I did because my flat is not being looked after well at all. She’s constantly travelling. That would have been no life for a cat. Second one I said no & I got sweet talked into it. I said yes because this flat had a garden & it had not been done up like the others. They left with the smell of cat piss so engrained in the floor even leaving wet cat litter on the floor for me to clean up. Why on earth should I accept pets after that? They came across really well & one was even a pet carer. It’s MY CHOICE. It’s MY PROPERTY. Why on earth are you having a dig at landlords who say no? The thing is, I’m more likely to allow pets if the property isn’t very nice as I don’t have that investment in it & tenants want the perfect flat of very high standard to keep animals in. Sorry it’s a no from me.

3 Likes

and its a no from me . you got 4 no s

2 Likes

All this Karen’s griping about pets etc yawn! At the end of the day Rent is Rent!
You should all be more concerned that your tenant is paying their rent on time regardless of whether they have pets or not. For you lot whinging about the potential mess, smell blah blah…Isn’t that what sodding deposits are supposed to be covering?? To safeguard that possibility! Well l hope your pet-less tenants bring you all you you imagine they will! :roll_eyes:
But you can be sure that landlords who take the chance on tenants with pets, will ibe far more likely to be repaid in having a tenant that is far more grateful and respectful in return!

1 Like

Funny. A sodding deposit capped at 5 weeks rent barely covers anything. Fortunately the person responsible for rectifying damage and paying mortgage makes the decision.

There is no replacement for first hand experience.

3 Likes

Sodding is what the carpets and floorboards will likely be with pets and bad owners

3 Likes

Hahahahaha Tara is clearly another who has no experience of seeing further than her own nose. If she was she would know that deposits are capped to the extent that the deposit doesn’t cover the damage caused and she would also know a lot of tenants fight the deposit being taken she would also know that the property isn’t the tenants and therefore the landlord has the final say.
And yes my non-pet tenants do bring me all I hope: none of them have defecated on the floor, left endless piles of hair on all my furnishings or destroyed my gardens
:wink:

3 Likes

Omg if you are all so precious over your “Home & Castles” why the hell are you even renting them out in the first place?! :thinking:
Oh yes, it’s because you can get away with charging the "lowly^ tenant extortionate rents for the privilege, for as long as it takes , to pay off your mortgages in half the time, and therefore enabling you to retire early, with your feet up while enjoying your little nest egg! (With the least amount of inconvenience & mess from your tenants - You hope!) :roll_eyes:
So you should really lighten up, coz you’ll be banning kids and babies next, (if you don’t already!) Coz they pee & pooh a hell of a lot more, than most pets manage in a lifetime! :poop::poop:

#mahoooosiveChipOnShoulder

1 Like

I helped to pay off my landlords mortgage for many years. It’s the way of the world sweetheart.

1 Like

I would suggest it’s a serious case of clavicus inclinus (slopping shoulders), i.e. let it be someone elses problem (read - landlord).

Congratulations. I only hope he doesn’t live to regret it…

Please allow me to add, there is no such word as “trust” in the vocabulary of contract law, that’s why we have written contracts…!
Exactly how long has he known you?

I’ve trusted people, in the past, and it’s cost me 10’s of thousands of pounds, so please stop trying to preach to the worldly wise.

A cavalier attitude indeed, since you’ve obviously never been a landlord. Come back and tell us what you’d do, when / if you ever become a landlord. I can guarantee your opinion will change.

1 Like

I do not have and never had a mortgage on rented property… I can send you a chip for your other shoulder. My tenants are not Lowly… Insulting them and have been with me for many years as I keep rents low

1 Like

" retire early" not a chance I like work. At 74 now I still work 40 hours a week in an insulation business Happy chap. good health, happy tenants who think I am the bees knees. Your attitude will put you in an early grave and yes I try not to rent to people with babies as it can be disruptive in a big property in flats My choice and I do not care what you thnk about it PS did you know babies have nappies and pets do not ?

1 Like