Outstanding bills

Hi, i recieved a water bill fir my tenant who has left and had his deposit back…what can i do to get it pad as he’s not responding.

When you informed the water provider of the tenants details at the start of the tenancy, you made it the tenants responsibility. You arent liable to pay it.

if you know their new address tell thewater company

1 Like

Are you saying that the water company have sent a bill in the old tenants name to your rental property? or are you saying that the water company are charging you for water that your tenant was responsible for.
If the former: return to sender and phone the water co with tenants new address or forward the letter. This is not your problem it’s a debt collection issue for the water co. Please remember it is an offence to open someone else’s post but i’m sure you didn’t do this. If the latter: phone the water company and explain but they may well request a copy of the tenancy agreement and may be more tricky to resolve post tenancy.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.