Private tenant ....been here for 13 years

Im a private tenant, have been for 13 years never no trouble …neighbour moved in next door in February this year…its a council property ive reported her.fot antisocial behaviour go the SCC …her son smokes weed on the balcony, ive told him not to he ignores me …so dose she …shes a alcoholic always pixxed…
She is forever up and down the communal stairs …bang bang …all night up to 3am…council not dojng much apart from given me a Records of incident form …
Had to have police out yesterday to talk to her …alot more to story but you probably get the gist of it …
What can i do as a private tenant…
My LL S …Estate agent says ignore it …which is impossible…the leaseholding team at SCC …say ingnore it …im absolutely pissed off with it …they dont get anthing done to them and carry on regardless and i carnt.open my mouth …any advise orhelp .
Im on the housing list .
Im waiting for priority to go through.
My health isreally bad …the big C …so my metal health is in bits …
I do want to move but until i can bid on a property thats suitable im stuck …

you do have to keep a record of events video if poss . Keep calling police. Get other neighbours onside. Contact noise abatement officer at L/A This will take some time Then L/A will have to get an eviction notice… Pester enough> they will act

1 Like

As colin says, you need a log of the incidents with dates, times and a detailed account. The Council will then be forced to act.

1 Like

Hi colin 3…yes i do keep a record of evidence…The police will only deal with the harassment side , which theyhave to a certain degree …The noise is down to the.SCC to stop …i will ask for a abatement order …
Yesterday in front of my.door there was 3 cigarette butt’s…all different brands ?? Trying to set me.up …( i only smoke one brand )
she reported me for smoking in the communal area !! which is not true i smoke in my home LL permission have done for 13 years …
I even put a.sticker.up saying cctv 24hrs surveillance…i got a phone call of my EA about it …saying the she had rang the council about mehaving cameras in the communal area…to take them all down…omg it was only a.sticker…but it bloody worked.well just for.one day …
Can i take my complaint about her further or above my.housing officer whos doing naff all .
Like i said
Ive been here 13 yrs …never missed a rent payment…my landlord is fantastic …all checks and paperwork up todate …i dont want.to really leave but seems that …vile person next door is forcing myhand …

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.