Professional clean request

Hi All,

So I naively asked my tenants to ensure they booked a professional clean in order to get the flat to the same standard of cleanliness as it was when we moved in. I didn’t enforce this as the tenant rightly pointed out that a professional clean requirement was banned and they could clean the flat themselves so long as it was the same standard of cleanliness compared to the check in inventory.

Anyway, they left the flat filthy as evidenced in the check-out report.

As I’m in dispute with them through Mydeposits, is my request to them to have the flat ‘professionally cleaned’ going to result in me potentially receiving a fine? Or, does the fact I didn’t enforce the requirement mean I didn’t breach the law.

Thanks for insight.

I would clean the flat professionally (if that’s what you want) and get the receipt to present as evidence of expenses to MyDeposits. If the flat was professionally cleaned for the check-in, they may consider awarding you the cost.

No, youre not going to get fined for just ssking. If you have evidence of the move-in condition as well as the move-out then you should be able to claim for a professional clean now from their deposit.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.