OpenRent Community

Recommend a solicitor for taking freeholder to Tribunal?

I’m one of 6 leaseholders in a small block and we’re increasingly frustrated with the managing agents who aren’t carrying out repairs or generally dealing with matters. However it is ultimately the freeholder’s responsibility and only the freeholder can appoint a new managing agent, which he is refusing to do. We have now served the preliminary notice on the freeholder and the next step is to take him to Tribunal. I would like to get some legal advice before doing this, or even pass the whole thing on to a solicitor to handle. Can anyone recommend a solicitor for this? Thank you.

Hi I assume you have a majority of leaseholders who wish to proceed.? I would find a solicitor in the area you live in. I have a feeling that with a majority of leaseholders you can form your own managment company but check this out