Renting a room whilst living at the property

Does this count as an assured shorthold tenancy or something else please help so confused thanks

Hi Hayley, if you (the landlord) reside inside a residential property, then you can’t use a regular AST to rent the whole property to a tenant. In this situation, they will be a lodger with a licence, not a tenant with an (assured shorthold) tenancy.