Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016

All contracts that existed are now Converted Occupational Contracts, that’s the law in Wales now.
It says in Welsh Gov Guidance that “Written statements need to be given within 14 days of the occupation date for new contracts from 1 December 2022. Written statements for converted contracts need to be issued by 1 June 2023.”

A converted contract status as far as I can determine, therefore has the 2 months notice from either party which is in your original AST contract. It’s now converted by law and you have until the end of May as I understand it, before you must give them an Model Written Statement.

So if anyone else in that situation wanted to give tenants the 2 months notice now then they wouldn’t we need to provide a written statement? OpenRent have written that in the Full Post link below. Your tenant would technically be gone from the property, prior to the date when you MUST supply an MWS. Does anyone know for sure if that would be legally acceptable?. I think some landlords might just want to leave because they cannot be sure of where they stand as when and if they wanted to leave, what protection does the Landlord have?

Don’t forget to read the full post on this. Changes to be Aware of with the Introduction of the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016

You can get the MWS from the Welsh Gov and details about it from the link at the top of this Topic.