Should I lower the price?

Hi everyone just looking for some advice. Im not getting much serious interest from suitable renters on my flat. Property is up for £1400, Google says this is the average for a 2 Bed and 2 Bathroom in my postcode (BH1). Its advertised on Rightmove Zoopla ect. Its been up for 3 days. Would lowering the asking price by £75 create some more interest ? It would mean I would break-even on the property. Thanks in advance !

breaking even only . Wow I would be worried

Yes, not ideal but I dont want to sell so I just need the place ticking over whilst I’m away for 12-24 months.

3 days on is not a long time. we have just listed a place 10 days ago and 50 ish replies of which two are good …Now 73 replies with 5 very good ones

With the exception of a few expensive blocks of flats, the central Bournemouth area is mainly HMOs and a more transient, often non-working population. If this is not who you’re after, you may need to make the photos and text stand out a bit more. However, if your property is in one of these areas you may struggle.

1 Like

3 days! Maybe if you flat was in central London.
You can easily check the market price. Or check local agencies. Reducing the price is never recommended as a marketing strategy and may look like you are having trouble renting it for negative reasons.

To gauge the listing price when one of ours needs relisting, we have alerts set on Rightmove for equivalent properties coming up for rent in the same area. That way, we can track the market and price it accordingly.