Tenancy Contract sent to tenant before had chance to review it, some clauses need adjusting

Hi there, so was going along the steps to set the tenancy up after the tenant passed referencing.

I copy and pasted the clauses I usually use with this tenancy, & assumed I’d be brought to some kind of confirmation page after submitting the clauses or be shown the OpenRent tenancy before it was sent to the tenant to sign. But when I clicked it sent the contract to the tenant for signing.

Problem is one of the clauses says if paying by another method than direct debit, the monthly rental amount will be £705 not £695 that’s stated on the tenancy agreement.

I planned to edit this due to upcoming rules on fees, as it maybe perceived that way.

But I don’t know how I can edit this now?

This is non negotiable for me, I need to know how this can be removed.

Hi Daniel, thanks for your post!

You are still able to edit the contract at any point up until all parties have signed. You just need to log on to your OpenRent account, head to ‘My Tenancies’ then click ‘Contract Signing in progress’ which will take you to a page where you can ‘Edit Contract’ as before.

Once you make the changes all parties will be notified and asked to sign again (if they have already done so).

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Hi thanks there.

I followed the instructions but only able to edit the rental amount, deposit, start date etc nothing anyway regarding editing or removing the clauses?

How can I do this? Because of the new law coming in regarding fees I need to remove one of the clauses and tweak a couple of others a little.

Tenant is moving in in a few days…

Hi Daniel, you can see more on how to modify the contract here: