Tenant protection

I have an old friend who is going to move into my 2nd property and I would like to protect his tenancy as much as possible should anything happen to me .The property is being left to him in my will but I am concerned I might end up needing social care in the future .I am 72 years of age .
What is the max contact length I can give him or is there some other way I can protect his tenancy should anything happen to me ?
Any help would greatly appreciated


Assuming there is no mortgage and owned freehold there is no limit, however agreements for more than 3 years need to be done as a deed rather than contract and terms over 7 years need to be registered with land registry.

I wouldnt have thought a very long agreement would be advisable, if he will inherit property then he presumably wont be kicked out. If you do need long term care you should arrange a power of attorney and this can detail how you would want the property to be dealt with you are unable to look after it yourself.

Many thanks very helpful ,thankyou

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.