Tenant requesting section 21 and wants court order

Hi ,

We have a tenant who wanted section 21 served and its been 6mths and council cannot offer her a flat , so now she wants us to go to court. We have sought advice of solicitors and we have all certificates needed . But solicitor asking for gas certificate from 2021 which i have not uploaded and cannot find .We have done all that is required for the up keep of property and even the tenant stated this was the best property she rented and stated it was well taken care off. But obviously solicitors need this and we feel we are stuck and this has dragged on. As they think the court requires all this to be in place. We have all the other requirements except for this. Please wanted some advice if anyone has been in this situation .
Thanks
Mrs George

Go back to gas fitter , he should have a copy also I wouldn’t do that for a tenant unless you try to get a deal where you issues a sect21 and she signs a deed of surrender, I done that in past

The s21 notice only has a shelf-life of 6 months from the date of service, so firstly check that your still within date.

If the gas cert is an interim one, ie not the first or last, it may not be critical if you cant find it, although you should do all you can to get a copy.

I wouldn’t be evicting a tenant ‘at their request’. Are they upto date with rent? If so, leave them there. They only want you to evict them so council will re-house, as if they leave voluntarily, council won’t help.

2 Likes

thanks, but she is saying she cannot afford to pay as stopped working due to health issues. Council have suggested to her that we pursue through court. We feel stuck in the situation.

Tbh probably quicker when she is 2 months in arrears and when she is in are the council will drop her as intentionally homeless

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.