Tenants want to discuss terms after referencing

My tenants are two couples. Tenants A and B… Couple A passed their referencing and Couple B only passed based on the income of couple A as they have no income of their own. Couple A wants Couple B to be the main applicant, and now want to include their parents to occupy the property for a 5 months visit from abroad.

Would this be enough grounds to cancel their application and keep their holding deposit as they cleaely misled me by withholding information and their true intentions?

There is no difference between main applicant and other tenants, all tenants are liable for rent.

I dont think this is sufficient to keep holding deposit. You can reject if you wish but you can just decline the request for the parents to stay so dont see that you would be able to keep holding deposit for that reason.

This would be an HMO if the couples are unrelated. I would probably not progress these applicants.

If you say parents cannot live there ,they will do it anyway . Find someone else

Thanks for the replies.

Yes. They said they are all related, even though it turned out both couples have different last names. They arent responding to my questions and requests to confirm their intentions regarding occupancy. I will more than likely decline.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.