Unsure if property manager is helping

Hello
I have a single property that is being managed by an agent. I have asked him to evict the tenants as I intend to move into the property. I have given them 3 months notice. I assume he needs to provide me a copy of the section 21 but he is being evasive about this. I’m not certain he is actually telling them it’s time to move on and is dragging his feet so he can continue to profit from it. Any advice about what to do in this situation? Can I issue the section 21 myself?

issue yourself. All gas certs etc up to date?

1 Like

Thanks for your response. The gas cert had expired last month. I wasn’t sure whether to renew as I no longer have a contract with the agent as that has expired, and I assume the tenancy agreement signed by the tenants is also now expired so didn’t expect to do the gas certs again.

get that gas done now

epc and elec cert given? Also How to rent booklet?

EPC was done and is still up to date. Not sure about the booklet, I basically gave responsibility of managing the property to the agent since it was only going to be a rental for the short term in accordance with the agreement with the bank. Because I was never going to be a landlord for the long-term, I basically let the agent deal with everything.

check what the agent has done /not done

1 Like

Theres no point in you serving notice yourself because you dont know all the legal requirements. It would also over-ride any s21 already served by the agent and reset the 2 month countdown. Go into his office and make him show you what hes done. Dont accept any guff about data protection either as it doesn’t apply in this case. Youre their principal.

1 Like