Video and custom description not published to platforms

Hi everyone! I made a little video of my flat the other day to add to my advert on OpenRent. Today I also bought the portals advertising package and published my ad to Zoopla, Rightmove, etc. However, when I check my ad on Rightmove, I’m not seeing the video I added (it’s a YouTube link). I don’t know if this is because the platform doesn’t support this or because of something else. I think that in the current lockdown situation being able to share a video would be quite good for prospective tenants and am surprised that the video doesn’t appear. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any experience with this on the various platforms?

Another thing that I didn’t expect is that the description for my listing seems to be auto-generated for Rightmove, even though I have customised it in my ad on OpenRent. Is this how it’s supposed to be?

So I’ve just found “My property is live on the portals but my description or photos aren’t the same, why?” in the Help Centre, which I think answers my question about the description of the property. I’m going to see if I can figure out why it’s not showing up on Rightmove.

I’m still not sure if there’s any way to get the video to display on the portals.

Hi there,

I’m glad to see that you were able to find the relevant guidance in our Help Centre and that your description is now showing correctly on our portals.

Rest assured, your video has been uploaded correctly. You can find it in the ‘Video Tour’ section of Rightmove and Zoopla :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Katie. Yep, all good with the video :smiley:

1 Like