Viewing during notice

Yes it is, even if not on your agreement it’s simply polite to do so. If you were selling your own house you would be getting as many viewings as you could I am sure.
Everybody would.
My advice is to allow the viewings and part ways as friends.

Darren has said that he has reached an agreement with his landlady

Yes I agree Darren it’s exceedingly boring especially to inconsiderate selfish tenants who lack empathy and any understanding of the private rental sector.
Yes I will most certainly have the last word in support of Landlords when I come accross self-centred people who indicate their Landlord is being unreasonable as per your initial post. However, it’s extremely good to read that you have now seen the light and reached a compromise.
I sincerely hope you take up my invitation to post your new Landlords comments on here when you express your reluctance to allow viewings should you elect to vacate that property… perhaps you should wisely remain quiet as your new tenancy maybe very short one indeed… Good luck

3 Likes

Darren, My normal approach is to ask the existing tenant if it would be OK to show new tenants around and work with you on the appointments respecting your needs. I’ve never been refused its all been very pleasant and amicable…

Yes, it is normal practice although, I have it stated in my tenancy agreements that viewings will take place.

From all the answers above, it is most obvious that it is normal practice. From the point of view if it is law and not written in the tenancy agreement, I don’t know.

Just out of decency I would say, allow the viewings and think of yourself as a much better person