What ID is needed to sign tenancy

What ID will I need to sign a tenancy. I can’t birth certificate and don’t have passport or driving licence. I’ve got a p60 bank statements letters from hospital will that be ok?

you must have a national insurance number? Passport?

Ya it’s on the p60 but I lost the card years ago

Needs to be photo ID. If you’re not British you also need proof of right to be in the country.

That would not be good enough for me as a landlord . Others may feel differently

I English just don’t have Photo ID is this a must have or is there leeway? If there anything I could do to get around it?

Have you been DBS checked for your job?

No I just work in a butcher shop

My misses got ID and she could it fine. It just we moving from West Midlands to north east and she’ll have to take the baby with her

1 Like

I would advise you to go the registry office in your town centre and get your birth certificate or a apply for a passport or get a driving license. You need ID to rent in the UK to demonstrate you are a Brtiish Citizen. No one legally can rent to you without at least a birth certificate or a letter from your employer.

2 Likes

you need PHOTO ID from a goverment source.

2 Likes

Would a citizen card be ok

Does it have you photo on it?

One of these is required

1. A passport (current or expired) showing that the holder is a British citizen, or a citizen of the UK and Colonies having the ‘right
    of abode’ in the UK.
  2. A passport or a passport card (current or expired), showing that the holder is a national of the Republic of Ireland.
  3. A document (current or expired) issued by the Home Office to a family member of an EEA or Swiss citizen, and which indicates
    that the holder is allowed to stay indefinitely in the UK or has no time limit on their stay in the UK.
  4. A document issued by the Bailiwick of Jersey, the Bailiwick of Guernsey or the Isle of Man, which has been verified as valid by
    the Home Office Landlord Checking Service, showing that the holder has been granted unlimited leave to enter or remain
    under Appendix EU to the Jersey Immigration Rules, Appendix EU to the Immigration (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Rules 2008 or
    Appendix EU to the Isle of Man Immigration Rules.
  5. A current permanent residence card issued by the Home Office to the family member of an EEA or Swiss citizen.
  6. A biometric immigration document (current or expired) issued by the Home Office to the holder which indicates that the
    person named in it is allowed to stay indefinitely in the UK or has no time limit on their stay in the UK.
  7. A passport (current or expired) or other travel document to show that the holder is exempt from immigration control, is
    allowed to stay indefinitely in the UK, has the right of abode in the UK, or has no time limit on their stay in the UK.
  8. A immigration status document (current or expired) containing a photograph issued by the Home Office to the holder with an
    endorsement indicating that the person named in it is allowed to stay in the UK indefinitely or has no time limit on their stay in
    the UK.
  9. A certificate of registration or naturalisation as a British citizen.

It does have a photo on it accepted by the police it has official PASS logo and hologram on it

I assume it is number 9 on the list
If so then that is ok

I’ll phone the landlord tomorrow just to make sure but thank for your help

I would phone the government offices n 0300 790 6268
they will know more than your landlord and can advise accurately