Where's My Deposit & Lies All Around

I see well a few years ago well about 10 I was renting a property. Now I had to move out suddenly because of personal issues. I informed the landlord. I did move out but kept the tenency running till the notice was up, when I asked for deposit he said no, as he fixed the lock on the close door ans gor keys cut along with other expenses he put on me. He said he would give me £20 if I was short of cash. Now that is a complete A-hole of a landlord to be honest.

Great advice advising a tenant how to maximise there Thier claim. My hat goes of to you, as it says your a landlord, you should sell your blue print the world works be a nicer place :raised_hands:

The law is clear, yes.

But that does not mean he will be awarded any big money. It is capped and is well within the small claims amount. He would not get a no-win, no-fee lawyer to do something for a couple hundred quid

1 Like

Well if anything it’s good to know the landlord can’t keep any the deposit with out the tenants approval, it gives a tenant peace of mind, not I think my landlord would attempt to, but from reading other landlords attitudes it’s a great thing to no, even if my landlord did attempt anything like that I probably would do what ever causes the least stress and agro as i am not money motivated, money does not bring a happiness

It’s good to know that you have such an abundance of free money that you would throw away all of your deposit without even trying to argue the point. Good ole benefits eh.

3 Likes

It’s not the case mate, I come from a wealthy family, I never realised people actually live like this, I have moved around a fair bit. But never experienced living conditions such as these and neither has any one that has been in the flat. See you try make look like I. To blaim for issues than I am certainly not and I no for a fact. Any 1 reading this will also no, if they have common sence.
If anything I like my landlord and him me, if some1 is petty enough to try steal few hundred let them they must be desperate

2 Likes

See today I’m off to buy dehumidifier, a big one for the bedroom of course and after reading Colin’s comment a smaller one for bathroom as I just had a shower and I’ll be wiping the condensation away, but a small dehumidifier for bathroom I won’t need to as much I hope but I’ll keep an eye out. See when I say I’ll do something I do, I don’t beat about the bush. If anything I find your replies funny cause it’s just making you look silly.

2 Likes

And when I move If my landlord wants to keep any of the deposit and has good reason to ill be ok with that. Cause I’m. Nice guy and a good tenant and believe he is nice guy and good landlord.

2 Likes

make sure that the type you buy has a cut off switch when full. .Tool station , Screwfix and Curry’ s seem to have the best prices Depends who is nearest to you

1 Like

Thanks mate I’ll shop around dehumidifiers are new to me, but I’ve invited my elderly mum to come to she is learning to.

Why would it only be a couple of hundred quid? It’ll be at least 1 x deposit and poss more. Plus the lawyer can claim and will be awarded costs to cover their work.

It’s free legal advice if it’s nothing else. Def worth pursuing before you get hung up on small claims.

2 Likes

I agree mate, I was just saying to the mark guy thinks he no’s it all he is clearly a rouge landlord. As are a few others. Lol

Same in any walk of life, some are good some are bad including landlords, not just landlords though, mind you. Im am a good judge of character and when viewing a property if anything is sus about the landlord I’ll not bother, as much as a landlord wants decent tenants i like a decent landlord. It’s a two way street.