Hello some feedback would be welcomed.
I set up some viewings for a property for today and tomorrow. One of the prospective tenants today was really interested and I agreed to let to him. He has placed a holding deposit and I have notified the people who were due to view tomorrow. I have now received a number of angry text messages from those who wanted to view. Have I done anything wrong? I did not see the point in continuing to show others round when the tenant today seemed well suited. One of the complaints was that I should not set up viewings on separate days if I am prepared to consider the first few tenants without seeing the rest but my concern is that if I wait to see a tenant before I make another appointment then I will have to keep making repeated journeys to the property, annoy the existing tenant more and delay the process as a result. Surely it’s better to cancel the viewings than wait to see all potential tenants?
I would point out that I do block viewings (ie several in 20 mins time slots over a few hours) to minimise disruption to the existing tenant and because I generally get a lot of no shows so try to minimise my wasted time.
Any views on how I can deal with this better moving forward other than perhaps let potential tenants know that I may cancel if someone else places a holding deposit before they view (which I would have thought would be obvious!)