Carbon monoxide alarm

My problem is the carbon monoxide Alarm has to be fitted in the bathroom of two of my properties to comply with new requirements but the instructions say they should not be put in bathrooms. Is there a solution to this or should I put them as far away from the shower / Bath as possible i.e. near door,
Or on the landing this would follow the insulation instructions but not the governments. Any one had this problem how did you solve it?

Sounds like you have gas heaters in your bathrooms: I believe that is illegal now!

Bathrooms

Boilers can also be located in bathrooms and are commonly found in the airing cupboard, however they cannot be located above the bath or anywhere inside the non-electrical ‘zones’ (the area around sinks, baths and WCs).

1 Like

I spoke to Fireangel technical department about this and they said that their replaceable battery models work perfectly well in a bathroom.

1 Like

Hi Barry,
Government website doesn’t appear to state that you can’t have a CO alarm in bathroom, which suggests you could just ensure they’re outside of the unacceptable zone?
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (Amendment) Regulations 2022: guidance for landlords and tenants - GOV.UK.

That’s the problem the government are saying they should be in the bathroom the manufacture is saying they should not.

Not all manufacturers say that at all you are wrong I have fitted a lot of these See what David says above this post