Card Declined - 'requires authentication'

Trying to make my Rent Now deposit payment and receive the following error:

I’ve tried:

• Two different cards (both debit)
  • Mobile and desktop, different browsers
  • Using the previous address the card was registered to

The money is available in both accounts; the name and address are correct. I called my bank (NatWest) who told me there are no blocks on my account and they aren’t denying anything—it’s an issue on OpenRent’s side.

What’s happening? I’d hate to miss out on a property because of a technical issue out of my control.

Is it not one of the “self blocking” settkngs on your bank app (assuming you have the app) there are usually blocks you can do for Overseas or internet purchases or whatever may be worth checking them

I’ve got no such limits set up on my card, and NatWest mentioned nothing like this when I called. They said it was absolutely on the merchant side.

If you search payment failed in the community lots of topics have been posted previously with different solutions and explanations for the issue. Maybe Openrent is having issues they’re not aware of. Have you tried deleting your Internet cache completely and all your cookies and trying again? Sometimes for some mysterious reason this works for me when I have issues with payment errors that don’t make any sense. I hope you get it sorted.

@jeremyb - I can see you made a holding deposit payment yesterday successfully.

The alerts you’ve shared imply it’s a block from your bank (they are requesting additional authentication), did they resolve the issue for you?