Corporate Let through middle man

Hello,
I’ve received viewing requests from people wanting to let my property on a corporate let - acting as the middle man, like a letting agent.

Does anyone have any thoughts/experience on these requests. Ringing alarm bells for me!

Thanks!

Google “rent to rent scam” for the answer

1 Like

Beware of rent to rent. As the superior Landlord the tenant and local authority can take legal action against you ( there is now legal precedent)!
David Smith has a talk on you tube on the Landlord Law site
There is a great course on Tessa’s website if you want to listen to a million pitfalls of this type of let

2 Likes

Are openrent able to ban these people sending veiwing requests on the above basis?…Can we report them?…

Thanks!

Yes
There is a message at the bottom of the enquiry that you click on if it is this type of enquiry they block and investigate

1 Like

Thank you! Will do. Have a few to report.
Have a great day!

I have never rented to a company but one of my colleagues has and he has had a nightmare with them. They have had 8 people living in a 3 bedroom house, the state of the house when they moved out was really bad. They did pay on time but they are only interested in making as much money as they can. Not good.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.
Yes, definitely not something for me!!!
Don’t want any agents/middle men involved too, had nightmares with them.
Have a nice weekend.

1 Like