Eicr - lettings agent

If a landlord has provided the lettings agent with a eicr an- is the lettings agent meant to check the validity of the eicr?

Are the lettings agent responsible for making sure that the landlord has given them a real/valid eicr before letting it out to tenants.

Why would the landlord give the letting agent a gas certificate if there is no gas in the property and if there is no gas in the property what has the gas engineer checked to justify a gas certificate.
Any responsible letting agent will be able to identify if the certificate is valid/genuine, on the certificate it will state the Items checked and the full details of the gas engineer.
But all this seems a bit pointless if there is no gas in the property.

EICR certs are quite detailed so should be quite clear if current and valid. It is the responsibility of whoever your letting agreement is with to ensure you are provided with correct and current documentation. If the EICR is invalid, report to local council. Big fine awaits. £30k.

Do you mean whether its still current and doesnt have any c1 or c2 issues?

This is the certificate I am talking about. Where it says clients name, it’s different to the landlords name on the tenancy agreement and the property owner on the land registry. I believe the landlord uses different aliases. As the name on the tenancy agreement is different from the property owner on the land registry. The names are similar however they are spelt differently, almost as if they are intentionally gave different names.

It wont necessarily invalidate the EICR report. If you are worried the landlord is dodgy, look for another property.

Just for clarity Lauren has 2 posts on here, one about Gas Certificates and one about Eicr, again for clarity my post relates to the Gas Certificate
1st post
If a landlord has provided the lettings agent with a gas certificate and the landlord has told the lettings agent there’s no gas supplied at the property - is the lettings agent meant to check the validity of the gas certificate?

Are the lettings agent responsible for making sure that the gas certificate is real before letting it out to tenants