EICR Report completed and charges for remedial work seem high

I agree. My electrician just called me from a job to say that there was no point in him doing an EICR because he could tell at a glance that it would fail because the consumer unit was a complete cowboy job :frowning:

He said he needed to replace it and most of the EICR work would have to be repeated to comply with the regulations for that, so he might as well do the EICR at the same time as the replacement consumer unit.

I have had the same problem. Unsatisfactory on two points, If i get someone else to do the work I will then need to get them to do another EICR report. Very frustrating and does seem quite open to abuse.

Hi,

Please can anyone assess what a rough quote would be to complete these remedial works on an EICR report? I feel I am currently being ripped off by my contractor who may have inflated the costs produce by the actual electricians.

This is a landlord forum. You would be best emailing several electricians and asking for a quote.

1 Like

Hi
My remedial work cost £800 in one flat and£500 in another as all down lights had to be changed, a fuse box etc.
best to do the works so no recourse if something goes pear shape but annoying nevertheless L…