Email account set up for rental properties

New landlord so learning, I would like to know the best way to set up my email account system for more than 2 properties.

Does everyone have just one dedicated email account (gmail/outlook) where all property related emails goes to?

or do you have an individual email accounts for each individual property within your rental portfolio?

I find it easier to have one email address, but I have folders for each property, so that all correspondence goes into the relevant folder. I also insist on having the property address in the subject line of the email! All this works very well for me without having to log into different email accounts.

2 Likes

thanks for the response Anne1, out of curiosity do you just use a free gmail/outlook email account or do you pay for a business account?

My normal every-day personal email account - not a business account. I don’t like having to log in here, there and everywhere.

2 Likes

many thanks for the feedback. I think ill go down that route also

I set up a dedicated Gmail account to be used only for letting, including when finding tenants, dealing with building management etc.

Then I set it up to forward copies of incoming mail to my & wifes usual email which we’re likely to see daily.

I set up a free gmail account for all my rental emails. This is also the email I use to make any online purchases for the properties & the email which i use to contact the tenants.
I do the same as Anne1 and put everything into separate folders

1 Like

I do exactly the same as the others. No need for multiple accounts or a business account.

1 Like