Employer referencing issue

I have a prospective tenant whose employer has a policy of not selecting unsolicited web links.

I am using the OpenRent referencing package that I understand requires the employer to submit information on the prospective tenant by selecting a link and completing a form.

I have messaged OpenRent asking if there is an alternative way for the employer to submit the relevant information. OpenRent has advised that, no, the employer must submit information by selecting the link.

Looking on OpenRent Community I see that that this employer policy against selecting external links is not uncommon and has been known about for a number of months.

Has anyone been able to find a work around for this issue?

I use OpenRent to make my life easier, but this ‘computer says no’ approach is having the opposite effect.

I think this employers policy will become more and more common so Open Rent and others will have to change. In the meantime just email the employer directly.

I am having the same problem. Do you know if the employer can email OpenRent directly?

i think open rent referencing sucks badly now. pathetic and unnecessary time wasting. i had a prospective tenant who got stuck in the same loop for more than a week. I chase open rent up via email and telephone. someone picked the phone and mentioned his job is to answer phone calls and would pass my message across so someone would ring me. guess what ? no one rang.

the tenant and guarantor chased open rent up multiple times. they say they have done what Open rent required , still no head way.

what good is referencing a tenant if you can’t wait for the result? i had to abandon the tenant after more than a week being stuck in employer reference loop. paid for nothing

about 12 or 14 days later, I got email stating the reference is complete - useless. holding deposit had expired and returned. I had proceeded with another tenant. didn’t bother to use Open rent referencing anymore for the new applicant.

i think when a third party was handling the referencing, it was much better. not sure why they took the job off rent-guard and decide to handle it themselves. The process is rubbish since Open rent took over.

I will still continue to use the “rent now” package but referencing with open rent and the way they manage the process, stay clear if you have a different way of doing it

Yes. OpenRent advised that the employer can email the reference direct to OpenRent.

That’s why we always do our referencing ourselves. Also, some T have employer’s reference at hand. Backed up by payslips and bank statements with salary coming in each month.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.