Finding it extremely hard to find a 2 bed property to rent

I know finding anywhere affordable is hard but i just cant find anywhere in Torquay or newton abbot and im in a mouldy flat is so stressful :tired_face:

Maybe you can spend an hour or two to understand the causes of mould and get it under control?

Graham’s suggestion is worth a look. For example, are you ventilating and heating the flat properly? Are you avoiding hang drying clothes inside? Are you using any fitted extractor fans whilst cooking / bathing?

If you are doing all of this, the mould may be caused by a structural issue, in which case I’d suggest you take photo’s and notify your landlord or their agent.

Finding new rentals at the moment is tough, and you have my sympathy. There are simply not enough rental properties available due to government regulations meaning less Landlords are renting them, and of course the lack of house building.

If you can sort the mould and stay put a while longer, hopefully things will change, but I think it’ll take some years for politicians to realise what they need to do. Maybe write to your MP, telling them of your trouble finding property, and encourage them to work with N.R.L.A to improve the housing supply available in the Private rental sector

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.