Fire risk assessment document / template

Hi, does anyone know where to source a fire risk assessment document / template? I need to do a self assessment and can’t seem to find a suitable one. We’re not a HMO. Islington Council require this for our license, which we’re carrying out ourselves. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Speak to one of the landlord associations. They usually have templates. You should be aware that if you do a fire risk assessment yourself, then your insurer may not pay out in the event of a fire and the courts may impose a heavier fine/sentence in the event of a tenant being injured.

1 Like

Where can you get a fire risk assessment done? How much does that usually cost?

Thank you

Thank you. Great advice, really appreciate it.

There’s loads of companies offering this service. From what I see ranges from £100 - £200 for a non-HMO assessment

1 Like

My neighbour had a risk assessment done recently for our shared building, and the company were members of the IFSM and IFE. Both these websites should have directories to find a company that operates in your area.

I don’t know how it would be possible to do a self-assessment, as these surveyors know the fire regulations inside out. But if Islington council accept such a thing, then it will be cheaper for you. Not because of the price of a professional risk assessment (which will probably only be a few hundred quid), but because of the list of upgrades the fire office will tell you you have to make.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.