Gas Safety Certificate in a block of flats that uses District Heating?


I am renting out my flat and was wondering if I need to get a gas safety certificate. The flat itself has no boiler (or any other gas appliance) - it is heated by district heating, i.e. a massive underground boiler essentially that heats all 25 flats in my development. The thing is, the district heating is heated by gas - so my question is - do I need to get a gas safety certificate even though my flat itself does not use gas.


does that mean your flat is leasehold? if so freeholder will probably be responsible. If you pay a service charge and have meetings about what to spend in the next year you can ask the management committee. A boiler of that size needs regular service for sure. How can you get a certificate for gas for your flat when no gas comes into it? You cannot!