Gas Safety Certificate issue

Hi guys i need your advise on my Gas Safety Certificate, i engaged an Engineer to carry out the Gas safety test on my property in Wales last year, this was conducted 7th August 2023 with safety certificate issued. Next due date is on 6th August 2024.

Peter Alan my appointed renting agent sent me a message reminding me of the next renewal date based on the copy of the Gas Safety Certificate in the possession be 7/5/24 i acknowledged the message and informed Peter Alan that the renewal is not due until August as the Safety test was carried out in August last year, Peter Alan Rep however disputed it and said from the certificate he has with him, it is due on 6/5/24.

Apparently, the way the Engr captured the month on the certificate, one can think certificate was issued in May rather than n August as the 8 looked like 5 on the date test was carried out as captured in the certificate.

All explanation offered to Peter Alan’s Service Manager has fallen into deaf ears as he keeps emailing me reminder for a renewal certificate to be turned in by May.

I got in touch with the Engine that carried out the test and he was in touch with Peter Alan Service Manager but it appears we are not making any progress at all, i need your advise and has any one experienced any thing like this before ? what do you advise i do ?
The Gas Safety Engineer did mention that Peter Alan got fined heavily for compliance sometime back but this is an obvious case and i feel the Service Manager is taking it too far, your advise on this will be appreciated

As far as I am aware, Gas Safe cert (CP12) is valid for 12 months from date of test.

Try calling Gas Safe and see what they say.