How the Mydeposit system works?

I’m a new landlord and my tenant paid their deposit (I assume) to OpenRent who I believe paid it to Mydeposit.co.uk. I don’t think I need to have done anything? I am unable to access my account with Mydeposit and they dont answer the phone or respond to emails. My tenant is about to leave and I have no idea what to do next. Tenant will blame me I imagine but I don’t know what to do.

edit: added clarity that it is mydeposit.co.uk I’m having issues with.

Why can’t you access your OpenRent account ? Have you tried emailing them ?

Oh yes. No reply at all, tried phoning loads and they dont pick up (at 15p/minute why would they?)

They respond the same day on this

They don’t really operate a phone in service. Try emailing again and mark it urgent.

Sorry, typo I meant my Mydeposit account not openrent. Doh.

So, you obviously got e-mails when the account was registered originally. Just get a new password sent to your e-mail. Openrent would’ve sent info to the tenant so they can see it too, just ask them.

Openrent used to use DPS before so do you think that’s where the deposit is?

They use Mydeposits not DPS & the problem is that Mydeposits just ignore all communication so I can’t get them to send a password reset link.

https://portal.mydeposits.co.uk/mydepositsstorefront/mydeposits/en/GBP/forgotPassword/landlord

Here is a link to the website where you reset your password. It’s automatic.

I only changed from DPS to MyDeposits because OpenRent did so, although I never knew why they made that decision. I wish to god I hadn’t changed. DPS were much better.

Same here my deposits are rubbish, I intend to look into moving it to another deposit scheme

I would NEVER use mydeposits. Go to one of the others. My experiences of md has been abysmal.
If they dont pick up the phone try recorded delivery letter.

same here I won’t use openrent again if stuck with this shambolic deposit company