Register your Deposit ISSUE 14 days so far

Hello Openrent,

I have used your service for 3 years with other 20 hires and have reffered multiple people etc and i am close to cancelling and moving away due to this very annoying issue.

1. I have a tenancy set up and ready to go and when i press “Register deposit” i see this error message. NOTE my tenant has not been able to move in due to this issue as i cant proceed past the screen.

We were unable to register the deposit on your behalf because your mydeposits has told us this tenancy has already been created on your account.

We will create all the records in your account on your behalf. If you created the deposit in your mydeposits account yourself, you’ll need to delete it before we can register the deposit for you.

Once you have deleted the deposit record in your mydeposits account, please return to this page and click the button below to register your deposit.

If you experience any issues following the steps above then please contact MyDeposits directly using the contact details below and they will be able to help:

Email: businessdevelopment@mydeposits.co.uk
Phone: 0333 321 9404

2. I have hand very poor support from openrent pointing me to mydeposits, but no real solution no help and 14 days on.

1. Today i have had the deposit released by mydeposits and the tenant has confirmed the release, however wheni go back to the openrent screen to “Register deposit” i still see the same message

2. I called mydeposits and they said they can not delete the record as by law they have to hold it for 7 years.

3. So i have a tenant that is being patient and can;t move in with their 6months rent advance and deposit help by openrent, and i cant proceed due to being unable to get past the “Register deposit”

I would like somebody from openrent to contact me asap please as i am considering taking legal action for costs incured and loss of income, openrent you have not been helpful and it is impossoble to contcat you via the phone and replies io have had have been sporadic and unhelpful at best.

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/20764090?key=260a5ea18589df1c3f3921ef1a8f886b

Andy

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.