Renting from abroad

Hi everyone,

I am new here and I am looking to rent a flat in Kingston Upon Thames or nearby. It’s for me and my 15 year old daughter. I am relocating back to UK after a 2 year stay abroad. I want to ask if at all possible to rent the flat from here without viewing it? If need be my sister can view it as she lives in Kingston. Thanks

You can do that anywhere dependent upon the landlord allowing that.
You may wish to note that it is illegal to do viewings in person in any event at present

Thank you for your reply. I didn’t know it is illegal at present. Is it because of the virus situation? In that case it might be ok to rent from here

Yes only due to lockdown Iveta, yet don’t forget you can take on a new tenant and mover them in and you can go there to do the check in yet only following the strict government guidelines which i will call the common sense social distancing guidelines.

The viewing situation is being strictly followed by me mainly because i have HMO’s yet on a empty dwelling there may be some more tolerance yet i personally wouldn’t do any physical viewings during lockdown regardless.

Hi Iventa,

It’s not illegal to conduct or attend viewings in the UK.

It is discouraged by Government guidance, however.

You can find all the details in our Covid-19 guidance hub.

https://help.openrent.co.uk/hc/en-gb/categories/360001332997-COVID-19-Guidance

1 Like