Scammers Alert - 122 Blaxland

Hi everyone, I just want to notify that the property 122 Blaxland White City posted by Sammy Hills is a scam. If you arranged a viewing, you’ll meet his business partner, Merleen, who acts like an agent. She will ask you to pay deposit early on, without giving any contract or agreement (especially for international students who dont understand how renting works in London).

In my case, Merleen asked me to pay £ 700 for deposit and another £ 700 for monthly payment before I move in. I was still in my home country (Indonesia) and could only move in mid-October die to the mandatory quarantine by UK government. One day before I left the quarantine hotel, Merleen and Sammy called me and said I will be relocated to Wimbledon for 2 weeks due to plumbing and heating issues. They should have told me earlier about this and give me other options than Wimbledon. I have a schedule to meet and works to do in London also, I come with my son and husband.

I asked for cancellation and Merleen said no problem. But she refused to return my deposit. I have report this to OpenRent but apparently Sammy’s properties are still there.

1 Like