Section 13 - Rent increase / Rent Collection system

Any Landlords using OpenRent for rent collection know how I can give more than 1 months’ notice about an increase in rent?
I think i have to give them 2 months’ notice so want to increase it in Nov to take effect in January. However, if I try on the OpenRent rent collection system it only seems possible to give 1 months’ notice i.e. a change to the rental amount will come into effect the next month, and not 2 or 3 or 4 months later…Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
James

Give your tenants notice of 2 months by email or however you usually contact them. If they agree then change your rental amount with OpenRent less than a month before you want them to pay the new amount.
I have just done this and it works smoothly.

1 Like

Hi Steve11

thanks so much for your advice. I will do just that ! really appreciate you replying…

Best wishes,
James

Hi Just a bit of advise, i am using Open rent to collect my rent, The current tenancy finished back in June, but the tenant has stayed on month by month basis, i recently served the tenant with a section 13 rent increase and made the adjustment via open rent to collect the new amount, The tenant has rejected the new increase via open rent, so what is the best way round this situation, Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.