Transfer an existing tenant to Openrent?

I have a property with a tenant and their partner in it. I have always been a ‘hands on” landlord but am reaching the point where I want to step back a bit. So I thought of transferring the tenant (and partner) over to Openrent. Can this be done and what is involved? The deposit we have was taken about 15 years ago and since then the rent has risen so the deposit is a few hundred pounds lower than the current rent. What would Happen?

To do this you’d have to post an advert, get your tenant to pay a holding deposit, a create a new tenancy with a new deposit.

I don’t understand how you would benefit. Openrent do not ‘manage’, so the only job they would do for you would be to collect the rent for you.

You need a lettings agent/property manager, as Karl2 says openrent don’t manage.

Hi @Mpd -

We have a help article for this scenario here:

There is more to the Rent Now service than collecting rent (which is optional). Many landlords like the security of knowing they have an up-to-date AST, support if something goes wrong, keeping them legally informed, allowing tenants to report and track issues, etc.

This is a fairly common scenario, and the help article above should guide you. Any other questions, don’t hesitate to reach out by replying here or to our team directly (for a faster response!).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.