Unable to follow reference link in emails

I need help please, my employer and HR can not follow the links sent to them via their email. I don’t want to miss this opportunity. Any help will be appreciated.

Tenants have been complaining about this forr some months now. Isnt it time OR gave a response and did something about it.

This is often due to the security policies that employers have themselves IE their systems dont physically allow for the following of external links from external emails…

This is hard to overcome and alternative methods should be provided as this type of blocking is becoming more and more prevalent.

I emailed work yesterday to ask if there is an IT issue. They have called the IT department but they haven’t responded. I now have a direct email address to the info straight to the landlord.

I got a direct email for the landlord in the end for referencing. My current estate agent couldn’t use the link either but the landlord went direct to them.

I now have a direct email for landlord, my estate agent couldn’t open the link in email either. I emailed my employer to ask if it is an IT issue, she called the IT department but they haven’t got back to her.

Sounds like a broken link issue then submitted by Openrent rather than a policy issue.

Does the link work for you, do you have it to test?

Contact OpenRent here FAQs | OpenRent and describe your problem.

Hi @Gemma6 - Thanks for posting.

Your employer doesn’t need to follow a link in our email (although that is easier!). They also are given a one-time code they can use to enter into our website directly (without following any links) if they are required by any IT policies. This is all explained in our email to them.

If they are still running into issues, please simply have them contact us by replying to our email or via our website here.

My HR representative has sent the reference direct to the landlord’s email address. Reading the emails sent to me from open rent there was no other option than my employer/HR representative and estate agent to use the link. The landlord had to get information himself from estate agent of the property I currently reside.

Unfortunately I don’t, but knew something was going on because my husband’s employer had no issue.

Someone from admin said they don’t have to use the email link. They can use a pin number instead??? All the emails that I have got from openrent say the link is the only way and they won’t accept email, telephone or paper.

Someone from admin said they don’t have to use the email link. They can use a pin number instead??? All the emails that I have got from openrent say the link is the only way and they won’t accept email, telephone or paper.

They are probably referring to a specific website address, included in the email, where they just type it directly into the web browser, and then type in the code, as opposed to actually clicking a link within the email.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.