OpenRent Community

Voice Communications or the avoidance of them

I really hope it is just me, or does anyone really dislike the lack of a human voice when doing business with people ?

I will explain my frustration, i have now contacted customer service three times, twice through the help function and once via direct email, although polite were the responses only selected parts of the mail were replied to with a complete avoidance of responding to the “how can i speak to someone ?” part of the message.

As a customer (or at least that’s how i hope us “punters” are perceived by open rent) I would like to speak with a representative of the company and if all worked well you would be expecting me to hand over between somewhere between £2000 and £4000 plus references to a

Alternatively i would like to at least be told straight up that voice communication is not in the business model of open rent and they will not provide this feature, this way I can take the decision to not use OpenRent and place my business with a provider that does offer voice Communications.

Even if its scope of voice communications was limited to just a “customer service only” basis, dealing with problems and complaints that would be such a step forward from the perceived avoidance of voice communication.

I have got through to them fine when needed. Once they were busy but they called back and that was fine

i love open rent but really struggled to get on the phone with them, good idea there

I agree. Having just completed a very painful transfer of an existing let into the OpenRent system, every time I called to discuss my problems, I was told someone would call back, but I just got emails that said “follow the process”.