Electrical Certificate question

Hi there everyone. I have just acquired the Ele ctrial Certificate (can’t remember what it is called) for my flat, as required by legislation.
Do I have to give the Tenant a copy?

It’s called an EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report)
You need to give a copy to the tenant
If there are issues highlighted C1 and C2 issues must be dealt with ( page 3 of niceic report) within 28 days if I remember correctly

2 Likes
  • Ensure national standards for electrical safety are met. These are set out in the 18th edition of the ‘Wiring Regulations’, which are published as British Standard 7671.
  • Ensure the electrical installations in their rented properties are inspected and tested by a qualified and competent person at least every 5 years.
  • Obtain a report from the person conducting the inspection and test which gives the results and sets a date for the next inspection and test.
  • Supply a copy of this report to the existing tenant within 28 days of the inspection and test.
  • Supply a copy of this report to a new tenant before they occupy the premises.
  • Supply a copy of this report to any prospective tenant within 28 days of receiving a request for the report.
  • Supply the local authority with a copy of this report within 7 days of receiving a request for a copy.
  • Retain a copy of the report to give to the inspector and tester who will undertake the next inspection and test.
  • Where the report shows that remedial or further investigative work is necessary, complete this work within 28 days or any shorter period if specified as necessary in the report.
  • Supply written confirmation of the completion of the remedial works from the electrician to the tenant and the local authority within 28 days of completion of the works.
2 Likes

Yes, as above, give a copy to the tenant and retain evidence.

1 Like

Thanks, I will email them a copy. I already have one for myself. There is no work to do. Thanks all x

Ask them to send you a reply acknowledging receipt and that the document is readable

1 Like

Thanks, I will do that x

Better still type a copy of the receipt to say they have received it send 2 copies to the tenant ask them to sign and date one copy and return it to yourself. (suggest you send them a stamped addressed envelope).

1 Like

I have confirmation by text that the tenant has received and opened the document. Thanks all.