EPC not done, I had paid through open rent

Can anyone help. I paid for Openrent to do an EPC about 2 weeks ago and it still hasn’t been done. Does anyone know the company they use? As this has now become urgent for me

Hi Tanya, I’m sorry to hear this. We would expect our suppliers to have been in touch by now, so I am sorry to hear that you have not heard from them. Please contact our customer service team who will be happy to assist with this.

You can reach them on https://www.openrent.co.uk/faq#i-have-more-questions and they can chase the supplier and find out what has gone wrong here.

Hi Sam
I have had the same issue (EPC and Electrical safety report). I have contacted the customer service team, but since they may not reply until tomorrow, it would be really helpful to be able to contact the suppliers directly (like the suppliers of the Gas safety certificate). It is now urgent as my tenants move in in 10 days and I know it takes time to process the certificates.

thank you all resolved.

1 Like

Hi Sam,

Let me start by saying that I appreciate the services open rent is providing to Tenants, Landlords and other third party service providers. You are providing a one-stop shopping environment services, which is scarce. Hence you are commendable. However, more is expected from open rent on how you manage your third party providers. As much as they are letting your customers (The Landlords) down with their unsatisfactory services, they are also letting you down on what you stand for and it won’t be long before you start losing business.
You should have a page for review on the so call 3rd party service providers who are not carrying their weight or leaving much to be desired.
I have had terrible experience from your 3rd party service providers just like many of my fellow Landlords. You can’t keep this to your customer services process only, I can understand that you select based on your criteria. Which might mean the highest or the lowest bidder, it’s now time to improve the process as you can see from this forum. It is impacting the Goose that is laying the golden eggs. I have had a gas test engineer canceled appointments three time at eleven hour on each day and later charge me ridiculous amount beyond the advertised cost on Open rent.

I am trusting that you will look into this as a good advise.

I agree, I am very happy with OpenRent generally but will no longer use their service providers who are worse than useless.

The EPC people mucked me around for ages, cancelling appointments and finally giving me the wrong rating.

The Gas Safety Check was even worse - I had a hob installed by a gas safe engineer in the summer - the Gas Safety people removed the hose and said it was unsafe but refused to fit a new one or leave the wrong one for inspection. So had to pay for the job engineer to replace the hose and issue another certificate. He was perplexed to say the least!

Personally I’ve never had any issues with Open Rent for arranging my annual gas safety certificate. I receive an email from them in good Time, make the appointment, and put the engineer in touch with my tenants so that they can be at the property. Hopefully any issues are in the minority

1 Like