Landlord insurance, *excluding* building cover

I have two flats in (two different) converted houses.
Wondering whether I can get Landlord Insurance that just covers the landlord-y bits, leaving
out the structural building and accident stuff.
I ask because I already get buildings cover by contributing to a joint policy held by all the flat owners in the house.
Hope that’s clear.
Help appreciated.

You can request your insurance to be contents and landlords fixtures and fittings without the buildings element. Most policies relating to flats are done this way.


thanks- when you say ‘request your insurance’, do you mean my landlord insurance? And are you thinking of a policy that would also cover typical landlord ins things like unpaid rent, eviction legal costs, malicious damage…etc. (I would want those things covered)

Sorry if I’m being a bit slow…thanks.

I usually do it all online. You begin with the basic contents cover and the other stuff like rent protection are usually optional extras for you to select if you require it.

thanks- you have a good place to start, by any chance?

Are popular comparison websites. Make sure to select landlord insurance which is different from regular home insurance.

I would check with the company who insures the building if you are covered for rentals, otherwise you might find that your not covered if you need to make a claim.

I got Aviva landlord insurance without building cover through Alan Boswell Group.
Good level of cover at a good price.

That’s great​:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Thanks everyone.
Used Simply Business (my current provider for my one other property) and got a tailored quote that really fits the bill.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.