Luxury Vinyl Tiles - do they look cheap?

We cheaply bought Vusta Lvt Stick Down Flooring, enough to tile our budget flat throughout. There’re positive reviews about them, but lino is just a lino, at the end of the day. They will do for a budget property, but would it make our another, more upmarket flat look cheap? They definitely don’t look like wood, but neither does laminate.
Any opinions?

Would need to see some pics to be able to really tell….
I have used them in a few rooms previously, they didn’t look particularly cheap though they do mark a lot easier than laminate.

They look amazing on pics. Not as wood-like in real life. But not bad, either. I would easily compare them to Karndean LVT. eBay item number: 134686348614 If you go to the website and put in the nr into the search. Don’t know how to attach a photo.

My neighbour has them in her hallway and kitchen and it looks and feels rather nice. Depends also which pattern you go with. I also been to a house where they had done the whole ground floor with them and I didn’t mind it.

I think it comes down to the target group for the property and what is fitting there to meet their expectations.

1 Like

Thanks for that. How do they compare to mid range laminate? The quality of the ones we have is descent, comparable to Karndean. But I guess I just look at them as glorified lino and fail to see “luxury” at all. Also, do they scratch easily? It says scratch-resistant but it will be rental property.

Compared to laminate they scratch easily. They need treating with respect. The surface is soft after all.
Get a sample and run a key over it, I’ve done this with karndean and they mark. Laminate much harder to mark.

Its swings and roundabouts. A laminate more likely to chip if heavy object dropped.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

I recommend shopping around for options. We installed LVT from B&Q 3 years ago and unfortunately ended up with tenants who did not treat the property well: the wear and tear on the flooring was shocking, definitely don’t use B&Q ones as they’re clearly not in the least bit durable. We will probably replace within a couple of years with either engineered wood or LVT from Karndean. My new builder thinks engineered wood is better than LVT so we recently had them installed in another property but it’s too early to say if they’re better or not…