NO Dss landlord are being sued

HB can only be paid directly to the landlord if the tenant is in arrears with their rent

Will just waste applicants and landlords time. Landlords will stop advertising No DSS, does not mean they will start accepting them. DSS tenants will find themselves wasting their time contacting landlords/ agents who canā€™t / wonā€™t rent to them instead of focusing on the ones that will.

4 Likes

Iā€™m with you. Thereā€™s plenty of landlords out there happy to accept Dss. Maybe if the powers that be pay me the Ā£4000 I lost on my very first venture into lettings I would reconsider. They can sue me but all that will mean is that I sell my hard earned properties and the council can house them. Its time to stop all this stupid molly coddling and dictating to hard working people who have strived to pay their own way in retirement instead of relying on benefits.

5 Likes

I think you sum up the situation perfectlyā€¦ one day government will wake up and realise that the industry they have so constantly attacked for public attention provided a critical service to the housing shortage ā€¦ its organisations such as Shelter that have fueled the flames of hate towards us with its constant propaganda .
In my own situation recently i had a tenant who paid zero in rent for 8 months and under local authority advice remained in the property to the last ā€¦ this recently decorated and new carpets in both bedroom flat had Ā£3850 worth of damage ā€¦ carpets so badly stained ā€¦ it took 5 weeks to complete the works ā€¦ this tenant was re housed with partner and baby by the council to a flat next to mine ā€¦ a flat managed by the council for a private landlord ā€¦its just shocking that they moved in without any kind of reference from me .
I would warn any landlord reading this ā€¦ never to rent using a council as the agent

3 Likes

Not sure how that one could be proved. The government has created this one. They have decided in their wisdom that claimants need to be able to budget so they pay the tenant direct. On top of that it is standard for the landlord to have to wait several months for rent to come and we donā€™t even get a curtesy letter to say the claimant has been paid. When a landlords calls up, we are given little or no information regarding the claim.

3 Likes

TRacy makes a good point.the Gov have decided to let people run their own Rent life by making the payment to them. Years ago when I got a benefit direct instead of the tenant. He said to me ā€œgood job you get the rent direct otherwise I would have spent it.ā€!!! Its all in arrears payment and you can wait 12 weeks for rentā€¦ Even if the tenant tells the council to pay us direct this can take a time and if something goes wrong the landlord is the easiest one to GET, not the tenant. That is why I have even kept a place empty for months rather than rent out to dss. Nothing will persuade me to do otherwise

2 Likes

She sued because of sex discrimination not dss discrimination

That is false. My rent is paid directly to the landlord which any tenant can ask to do so as i do.

Put no dss and you will be sued. You landlords were all happy to accept DSS when housing was more abundant but now you make more money you think you can say No DSS well that is about to change. Also the government is brining into place and taking away your option of ā€œyou need a guarantorā€

As for you working hard all your life and no being on benefits well i also worked hard all my life then i became ill which was no fault of my own.

So i hope you do put no dss and i hope youā€™re sued for it.

Have a lovely day

That isnt why the government started to pay tenants directly it was due to landlords not fixing problems and making tenants live in Sh*t holes

RUBBISH I remember the reason they said it was ā€œto help tenants manage their own financesā€ We will not put no DSS we just will have in our minds not to take on people with an attitude like you. Our minds cannot be sued ā€¦

4 Likes

When properties were abundant landlords were happy to take DSS but the moment it became 50 tenants applying for 1 property they all started with No dss.
Well that is about to change and so will needing a guarantor, so then what? You will have homes empty for months once you stop accepting dss and canā€™t ask for a guarantor then you lose at least 50% of your potential tenants and then whatā€¦ you will start having to accept dss.

Have a nice day

1 Like

no she sued for no dss. i can link you the high court ruling

I can well afford to keep empty properties as I have other means of income I have two empty so what? If I do not want a HB tenant I will NOT take one

2 Likes

A sensible landlord will show dss the property and everyone else as well Then try and prove what is in his mind . Impossibleā€¦ Google how much is owed to social houseing associations PS I do have 2 claiments one been with me 25 years , another 10 years Totally different from todays generation and totally reliable

2 Likes

It doesnt matter one single iota what the law is, many landlords will continue to not even consider benefits applicants. Legislation will just waste everyones time IE cause forced viewings of DSS tenants who wont stand a chance.

3 Likes

Well said Mark10 He/she don t get it. We WILL have our own way.

3 Likes

Who would you prefer if you were a landlord? DSS who are statistically proven to be very high risk or far more stable long term employed?

4 Likes

You seem to have a very spiteful attitude.

1 Like