Organising Viewings

If you are getting over 100 enquiries then you might consider raising the rent.

1 Like

Yes I agree. It generally means that I have to have a separate list and then tick them off. Not great. Also would be good if it put them in time order as I have to go through a lot of requests to see if anyone else is booked in.

I put all my questions on a Google Form, and send them the link to fill it in after they enquire. You can set Google Forms to notify you when responses are received.

5 Likes

I ask questions of the prospective tenant decide
not answer then at least we know what to do as these type of people who got something to hide.
But genuine tenants have always answer all the questions
and even I suggest that if they have any questions to ask before viewing.

3 Likes

Making sure the tenant is the right one is critical. Landlords jump through hoops to get mortgages, and a landlord must protect their worked hard for property. Vetting the tenant is not invasive, it’s sensible. I want someone who I can have a sensible conversation with when things need resolving. Nothing like a chat to see how personalities fit or don’t fit.

3 Likes

I usually ask them to come and view when I am still working on the house so it isn’t a wasted journey.

2 Likes

Yes this is true. Landlord references are just about as useful as employment references. If I ever want to get rid of a bad employee, I will make sure to give them a good reference so that they can get the next job and leave. I doubt anyone ever gives a genuine reference containing anything negative.

so you would lie to the next landlord? I would just refuse to give a reference. But then i have only had to get rid of one in 40 years. They stay so long that I do not have to think about it much

As a general rule it is not a good idea to write anything negative in a reference. Be factual and be prepared to provide evidence of anything you state. However, omitting responses to specific questions or using words like ‘mostly’ are quite telling.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.