Rogue landlords AND rogue Tenants database?

It seems that the rogue landlords data base is to be made more widely available., Surely" sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander" If tenants can check up on landlords which I agree with then surely the same applies the other way around We need a rogue tenants list

7 Likes

Yes, I totally agree with the sentiment. It’s high time the playing field is levelled.

3 Likes

What things do you think would warrant a person being put on a rogue tenant list?

I am dumbfounded that there is not already a rouge tenant database! why forever not…There should also be a rouge trader type website up for customers as there is for tradesmen as there’s loads of rouge customers out there too.
I think that such a database could easily be used by vexatiously disgruntled landlords/tenants unless the database was updated of the Court case conclusions i.e. anything which has been to Court so that there cannot be any Victims from slander at either end of the spectrum.

3 Likes

Sam… On tenants rogue list … Tenants evicted by a court order… If bailifs have to be sent to recover rent… Tenants convicted of any property fraud as a tenant… Tenants who unlawfully sublet… If the truth is told about a tenant IE left the place a shambles you have the evidence how can the truth be slander?

3 Likes

I mean if people can upload anything then it could be perceived as slander but if all can update the database only thereafter a court case as you describe then the database would be more fair i think

2 Likes

Totally agree. Totally agree. Still totally agree.

1 Like

It cannot be slander if it is true I have just looked up a legal definition. Its a pity that landlords somehow cant get together on line to WARN other landlords of bad tenants.

1 Like

Good point about rogue custmers. I am also a builder, but I have never had a bad customer. Had a few fussy ones but thats ok.

m114 I dont think the playing field will be levelled the goverment is comitted to housing people by ANY means… if bad tenants are more easily evicted, or unable to find a home it doest look good, hence they push the burden on to us, the pendulum has swung too far. This is what happens with a welfare state… More people divorced, kids wanting to fly the nest, separations, all serve to push up demand and supply is low of homes

I don’t think you understand Colin, let me be clearer;
One can perceive anything and as you know with tenants as they perceive anything they like to perceive and truth is ambiguous to the other party unless it is collective truth by means of tangible evidence and further be independently verified hence my reasoning for say a Court to of confirmed findings as they are indapendant hence no further ambiguity can be made.
I think you will find that most people perceive what-ever they wish to their advantage, i tell tenants one thing then they later claim i said something completely different to what i did say for instance so now i always immediately back up any verbal speech on email which does so-far prevent them later perceving something different if that helps?

1 Like

I think i have just found the rouge tenant database site;

Yet i am thinking, if one uploads a bad tenant details then whats stopping the tenant in returning the favour by doing the same back on the rouge Landlords website and so on?
after all there is a abolishment of section 21 on-route to prevent revenge evictions yet nothing in place to prevent revenge listings on the databases as that doesn’t make me feel good about making the first move to end up with vexatious tenants saying what they please in a revenge slanderous response, very frustrating indeed

1 Like

oh I totally get what you are saying Andrew Problem if a tenant owes you rent and the cost of chasing it makes it not worthwhile you have no court to back you up. Will check that website out.

1 Like

Well I say to prospective tenants. If you want to know what I am like as a landlord ask the other tenants in the block. One a tenant for 22 years another 25 years.

1 Like

Yes you are totally correct there is an in-between position one could be in as you describe, i can only hope that the said website would act in-turn by requesting proof in the form of bank statements & AST which should suffice to beyond any reasonable degree.

I was also thinking of starting that thing where a landlord can report to the credit agencies accordingly to the rent payments, like if you are late paying internet bill then the ISP informs the credit agencies of such, i know little about such yet i know need to now learn as i think it would be a massive incentive for the tenant to take rent onetime payments more seriously as no one likes their credit file looking bad

1 Like

https://www.experian.co.uk/business/consumer-information/consumer-credit-management/rental-exchange/

Andrew you are with it… its the inbetween position that is a problem. how do you warn another landlord…?

not sure of that i thought one would just insert your potential tenants name and see if anything come up pre-tenancy, maybe even pre-viewing if one had full name etc

im going to sign up to this which entitles me to update tenants credit files, yet i feel if tenant needs permission too then all new tenants will be told that they need to sign up to it also or they simply won’t be my tenants as any tenant who doesn’t want to build their credit rating is not worth having especially those who defiantly don’t want to sign up so that i think is an excellent late rent preventative measure indeed as i can write things like, if your rent is late it will also effect your credit rating negativly which should prevent most well vetted tenants from messing with the rent as they do.

I am presently trying to make as many preventative measures i can as i have had enough of tenants with too much power and me so little power.

1 Like