Stamp Duty Refunds due to disrepair?

Hey, was wondering if I could get some advice. I am NOT a property investor however did purchase a buy to let a few months ago. I read that if the property you purchased was unsuitable to be lived in then I could claim back the stamp duty? Mine had a large hole in the roof and a beautiful waterfall right through the middle - full of damp and mould.

A few searches and I am now inundated with adverts following me around the internet. Anyone had any dealings with these companies or is it easy to do yourself?

I think this is only applicable in a tiny minority of cases. You would be better off checking with a property solicitor as a first step.